Monday, September 20, 2010

Nubian Kinks Deep Moisture Shampoo

Nubian Kinks Deep Moisture Shampoo
Clear Gel-Like Consistency
I've always eyed the products offered by Nubian Kinks, but have always been hesitant to buy, since I never found the info that I was looking for, and when I searched for reviews, I always found too many comments regarding slow order process.  I came across Kin Hairitage Good Hair Spa, which sold Nubian Kinks products. I basically e-mailed the owner for her product list and order form, and I payed through PayPal. The order was shipped timely, and voila, I finally had a product from Nubian Kinks. Rather than go overboard with my order, I just opted for the Deep Moisture Shampoo for locs, as my locs has been in much need of moisture....


Deep Moisture Lather
 I've been using the Nubian Kinks Shampoo for a few months now, I must say when I first started using this shampoo, I was impressed with the lather.  I find a lot of SLS free shampoos that aren't castille soap based really stinge on the lathering effect and causes me, out of habit, to use more in hopes of thoroughly dispersing it through my locs.   Prior to my most recent dyeing, this shampoo was very moisturizing, and I would follow up with an intense conditioning treatment.  But since dyeing my hair this summer, my locs are very angry and not feeling this shampoo anymore, even after clarifying. I hope to combat this with some chagrin valley soaps  (review coming soon) and the Babassu hair conditioner from Brown Butter Beauty (review coming soon) that I recently ordered. 
All in all, I would consider buying this shampoo again, as I only paid $8, which is very reasonable, considering some of the prices I've seen for natural shampoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment