Saturday, September 18, 2010

Herb N Life Productions Product Review

I first came across these products back in 2005.  It was my first time getting my hair interlocked, and the stylist was selling this wonderfully scented hair oil.  From then on, I've bought and used the hair and body products from Herb n Life Productions, either by buying it online from this one vendor, or at the local flea market.  For about a year or so, they've been offering their products online at: Herb N Life Productions.com. In all honesty, I do think that the products are pricey, that's why I use them on and off, but I do welcome others to try it, below is what I have used:


HAIR
Head Sprung:
Head Sprung is described as a leave in conditioner and a natural perfume/cologne for the hair.  According to the website, Headsprung's base is made from Organic Aloe Vera and an Infusion of Flax Seeds. Both ingredients cleanse, protect and provide a perfect balance for scalp and hair. Combined with Olive Oils, Hemp oil, Shea Butter and Avocado oil this formula moisturizes hair with no oily build-up leaving hair smooth and full of body. This is my all-time favorite mist for my locs. Its very soothing, and the smell is lovely and intoxicating,.  I can't say nothing but nice things about it.  It is currently being sold on the herb n life productions website for $16 (8oz) .  I've used it a a wetting agent when twisting or interlocking my locs, it adds moisture when I need it without being too greasy or sticky.

Crown Heights Rosemary Hemp Hair Oil
The website states: "This principal product combines the power of Rosemary Essential Oil, Olive Oil, Hemp and Castor Oils to create a invigorating hair oil that promotes shine and manageability all with an amazing scent and feel."  This was the first product I ever used from this company, mainly because the smell is so intoxicating, all of the products have this intoxicating smell.  The oil isn't thin, I've used it to moisturize the roots of my hair, after spritzing or washing, and have also oiled my scalp and locs with it.  I haven't really used it as a hot oil agent, maybe the next time I purchase, I will try it as such.  They sell this product for $15.50 for a 4oz bottle...Because of this I would try to use it sparingly.  If I were to buy it again, I would try using it for scalp massages, and hot oil treatments, to see how much I can really benefit from this oil.


 Coconut Hemp Pomade
The coconut hemp pomade is described  as having the combination of Neem seed Oil, Amino Acids, Rosemary & Shea Butter penetrate the scalp with the essential elements to restore your natural luster & moisture. My boyfriend loves this grease (the smell especially and the ingredients), it has a nice soft buttery consistency.  My scalp is very thirsty, so I would need to use it very often as it doesn't give me the long term moisture that I want. I'm lazy at times, and I prefer to just grease my scalp once per week. with this grease, I would probably use it 2 to 3 times.  It's being sold for $15 for a 4oz jar.  Would I buy it again? More than likely, I would especially, if I can't find a good hair grease, that doesn't itch my scalp.  Too much products on my scalp tend to irritate it, and I didn't have this problem with this grease.

Royal Rinse Shampoo
This was one of the first black soap shampoos that I've ever tried. When I first used to use this shampoo a few years back it was super moisturizing, I would get a rich lather, and the peppermint, would tingle on my scalp, as the aroma would fill the bathroom.  It smells wonderfully.  Now since the last time I purchased, I'm not getting the amount of lather as I once experienced before...Could be due to the water I wash my hair with or a change in the formula. Since then I've used in my ayurvedic pre-shampoo rinse, which is a bunch of ayurvedic herbs that I boil and place in my hair prior to shampooing.  It sells for $14 on the website for an 8oz bottle. I'm probably not going to purchase this in the future as there are many similar products at reduced prices that can give similar results.  I'm thinking maybe I would benefit more if I had still had loose natural hair.  I would however suggest it to loc newbies, since the consistency, is watery, and it can disperse through your locs, and the ayurvedic herbal blend will be very beneficial to your new locs.

BODY
Angel Cocoa Butter Lotion
I love this lotion. The smell is consistent with their hair products, it was the perfect compliment to my Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume.  Whenever I wear this lotion, people always stop and ask me what it is I'm wearing, I have no complaints with this one.  It sells for $13 on the website for an 8oz bottle. I think it's worth it. According to the website: "Angel Lotion is a 100% pure cocoa butter infused with Aloe Vera, Vitamin.E and A heavenly scent. This rich luxurious lotion penetrates the skin with nutrients & a powerful, seductive aroma with results that last all day. Combined with the healing powers of Olive Oil, hemp & Avocado oil, this lotion is bound to be your addiction! This silky lotion enhances the overall look & feel of your skin. The Aloe Vera promotes youthful skin & allows the oils to penetrate the skin with ease. You will notice an immediate result in the quality of your skin." I wholeheartedly agree, since I have extremely dry ashy skin, I always stick to purchasing butters, since they're thick, and can help combat my dry skin. This lotion really stands up to my skin's dryness, and provides excellent moisture

All in all, the products are good, the smell of them are excellent.  I like that there are a lot of ayurvedic herbs in the hair products, and I am in love with the cocoa butter lotion.  If I was to purchase anything from them, I would probably buy HeadSprung, Angel Cocoa Butter Lotion, and the Crown Heights Rosemary Hemp Oil.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment